Thursday, December 29, 2011

The WINDOWS!

The expanse of windows at Boston Sculptors Gallery has real eye appeal. Donna Dodson and I discussed the space as an opportunity and she suggested I use the windows to invite viewers into the back gallery where my work will be shown Jan 4 - Feb 5 2012. The plan was small individual works, but my scale shifted as the work progressed. This final result is a more cohesive work across the length of the windows.
My inspiration was the rising of a full moon on a pitch black night. The language of embroidered trees, luminous stones and the great gardens at Ryōan-ji were on my mind as fabricated and painted this work.
Although these works are exhibited in windows, they also show well as wall works. Similar designs can be custom fit to suit a wide variety of spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment